Tuition and Fees:
Virginia Business College students are responsible for the payment of tuition, fees, deposits, and books prior to the start of class. The College offers a payment plan option for students.
For part-time students, the tuition cost per credit hour is based upon the number of credit hours taken per course load. Course load is defined as the number of credit hours taken per session. Students taking twelve hours or more will be charged the full-time tuition.
|Full Time (12 or more credit hours)||$3,300 per semester|
|Part Time (less than 12 credit hours)||$275 per credit hour|
On-Campus Housing – Holston Hall
|Double Rooms||$2,500 per semester|
|Single Rooms||$5,000 per semester|
|Meal Plans Vary||$2,700 per semester|
For planning purposes, tuition plus room and board will be $17,000 for one year.
There is a reduced Monday – Thursday room and board option.
On-Campus Housing – Holston Hall – Sunday-Thursday
|Double Rooms (Sunday-Thursday)||$1,400 per semester|
|Single Rooms (Sunday – Thursday)||$3,000 per semester|
|Meal Plans (12 meals: Sunday-Thursday)||$1,700 per semester|
For planning purposes, tuition plus room and board (Sunday-Thursday) will be
$12,800 for one year.
|Additional Student ID Card||$10|
|Parking Permit||$5 per semester|
|Parking Violation Fee||$10|
|Key Replacement (Resident Hall)||$15|
|Textbooks||$150 one-time annual fee|
Student Withdrawal & Refund Policy
Virginia Business College requires students to complete an official course withdrawal request if the student wishes to withdraw from the college or enrolled courses. To start an official withdrawal, students are required to meet with their academic adviser and complete the required documentations.
For an official withdrawal from the College or course(s) during an academic semester, the proportionate refund of the overall tuition, room, and fees charged is as follows:<
- A student who applies and does not attend is entitled to a 100% refund of the cost of the attendance.
- A student who enters the college but withdraws during the drop/add period shall be entitled to a 100% refund for the stated cost of attendance.
- A student who enters the college but withdraws during the first quarter (25%) of the semester shall be entitled to a refund of 50% of the stated cost of attendance for the semester.
- A student who withdraws after completing one quarter (25%), but less than half (50%), of the semester, is entitled to a refund of 25% of the stated cost of attendance for the semester.
- A student who withdraws after completing half (50%), or more than half (50%), of the semester, is not entitled to a refund.
If a student stops coming to class and provides no communication regarding their attendance the College will not automatically administratively withdraw the student. However, after 14 calendar days, the College is expected to have determined whether the student intends to return to classes or to withdraw. If the student is eventually determined to have withdrawn, the date used to determine the official withdraw date should be no later than 14 days after the student’s last date of attendance as determined by the faculty’s attendance records. The official withdraw date will be used to determine refund amounts.
Currently, the College does not have a Federal Financial Aid Program to assist with student costs. However, we will be establishing a scholarship program that will be based on need, merit, and/or other criteria. If you have a financial need, please contact Elaine Rock at erock@VirginiaBC.org or 276-644-3831.