Virginia Business College is equipped with online resources available to you anytime, anywhere. This includes accessing course materials and digital lectures and completing your assignments.
Courses will be offered in various methodologies;
- face-to-face classroom setting
- hybrid (which will blend face-to-face and online coursework)
As you prepare to take online or hybrid classes, here are a few success tips.
PREPARE: learn about your course and the expectations before it starts; read your syllabus, review important dates and make sure you have the right computer software and updates to meet course requirements.
PLAN: create a learning plan, marking important assignments in your calendar
ENGAGE: stay active with your course professor, your peers, look for course announcements, and stay active with your email.
INQUIRE: remember, you have campus resources to assist you with your online learning. Virginia Business College offers IT assistance, disability services, and the library offers writing assistance to help you avoid plagiarism and assist with research and writing formats. All available ONLINE!
How to navigate the learning management system
Study Skill Resources
- Essential Online Learning Strategies
- Persisting with Online Courses
- Expert Guides on How to Study for College
Contact Us for Technical Assistance
If you meet the minimum system and connection requirements, yet are having problems with the software downloads, please contact us for technical assistance:
email@example.com, or call during regular office hours at (276) 644-3127.
Please provide the following information
- your full name (and student ID);
- your contact information (phone number and e-mail);
- your computer type and operating system (e.g., PC or Mac; Windows 8 or 10, MacOS X 10.10, etc.);
- your type of Internet connection (DSL, Cable, Fiber Optic, Wifi);
- the primary browser you use (e.g., Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari);
- location (home, work, public library, internet cafe, etc.);
- a description of your problem (opening the sample file, downloading the software, and which type of file etc.)